Thursday, November 4, 2010

My First Hat

The other day while I was reading Mary Keenan's Blog Hugs for your Head, Link. I saw a hat that looked simple enough for me to make.  I have never knitted a hat before and was feeling ambitious about it.  I grabbed some yarn and began to knit.  I made some mistakes almost right off the bat hahaha, but since I was making the hat for myself I was not too concerned about fixing it.  The mistakes I made were that the cute rolled up flap ended up being on the wrong side, so it rolled in instead of rolling out.  That and the flap is in the complete wrong spot...I have no idea how I managed that!

The biggest mistake I made was getting too excited about knitting the hat, that I never measured my head.  I just assumed (and we all know what happens when we assume) that I would be a size small.  Well the hat is finished and well it turns out that my head is NOT a size small! 
My very tiny first hat!


I'm so disappointed! But I have to laugh at myself as it is my fault for not measuring.  My predicament is what to do with this hat? I can't really give it away since i messed up on the flap, and I don't want to take it apart since it is the very first hat I have ever made.....But I think that's what I will have to end up doing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment