Monday, November 29, 2010

Ode to Grandpa & Merry Christmas to Me!

This past week I have been much to busy to blog.  My Grandpa past away so I went home to be with my family.  The event was not all tears since my aunt and cousins came up from the States for the funeral.  We don't get to see each other very much so it was good to see them and other family members.

It stopped snowing and the sun came out just in time for the funeral and all went well.  The service was beautiful and touching, and I know my Grandpa lived a full life without regrets.  He will be missed.


While I was home my parents took me to a little sewing shop to look at sewing machines since mine no longer works.  (it was a little cheep machine that I got for Christmas a few years ago.  My parents didn't think I would use it as much as I did!)  This was not a surprise since I knew they had been looking to buy me one for Christmas.  I figured it would be a nice heavy duty used one.  I love my dad's 1970 singer.  


The owner of the store set me down at this amazing computerized sewing machine and shows me all of the different things it can do.  I was just excited to see that it threaded the needle!  My dad asks me if I like it and I reply with an " of course I like it! But I know I'm not getting it!"  Then I hear "Merry Christmas!" In complete shock I practically started to cry in the store, my machine was in the back corner all nicely wrapped with a bow.  

To make everything even more amazing I got a lesson on how to use it and I get to use it now, I don't have to wait until Christmas!



  So here is my new sewing machine.  It's made by Baby Lock called the Quilter's Choice, and came with everything seen here ( not the fabric) about 10 different feet including a walking foot which I am very excited about, I also got a quilting table top. 







I spent the entire evening playing with it and making a sewing sampler of all of the different stitches.




This is not all of the stitches it can do, I started to run out of room.
 

This is the complete list.  It has three different font types.  
I'm so amazed at everything it can do since my last machine only did 3 types of stitches. 


No comments:

Post a Comment